Linking accounts held at external financial institutions (FIs) allows you to manage your finances by seeing balances and transactions all in one place, on any device. Link your credit cards, loans, checking, and savings accounts from other FIs one time. cPFM updates data regularly so you always see accurate balances and recent transactions.
To link an account
1. On the Home page, click or tap the Link Account button in the widget bar. Alternatively, click or tap the link account icon () above the first account group or the Link Account tile below the account groups.
2. When a list of popular FIs appears, select an FI by either:
- Clicking or tapping the FI name or logo, or
- Typing the name or URL of the FI in the Search box. As you type, matching FIs appear. Click an FI name to select it.
3. Provide your online banking credentials for the external FI and click Continue. If the FI requires multi-factor authentication (MFA), you will be prompted to supply more information to complete the login.Tip: The time needed to aggregate accounts depends on many factors, including the external FI, number of accounts, and server speed. Click Link More Accounts to aggregate more accounts from another FI. Click Close to return to the Home page where the aggregation status appears, along with any prompts for details such as account credentials.
4. When aggregation is complete, external accounts appear on the Link Account page, with the Hidden/Visible toggle set to Visible. Click or tap the Hidden/Visible toggle to hide an account on the Home page and in widgets.
5. (Optional) Repeat steps 2 through 4 to link more accounts held at other financial institutions.
6. Click Continue.
Note: Do not confuse linked accounts with external transfer accounts. In online banking, you can only display data about linked accounts. For external transfer accounts managed on the Add External Accounts page, you can transfer funds between accounts at your primary financial institution and external accounts after two micro-deposits are made to ensure your ownership of the account, as well as our financial institution’s ability to move money to or from it.
After you link accounts, they appear in a Linked Accounts group on the Home page, providing a full financial picture. You can reorder and group accounts, as necessary.